FULL FULL August 9 - 15, 2020 FULL FULL
Contact: Cheryl (541) 899-1535
Tuition $1,400.00 incl. lodging, food, teaching aids, and tools.
Note: Generally, the 3-hour educational the first day is free to the public. If people coming for the weekend cannot be there for these 3 hours, it will all be covered in-depth in the following two days.
1. In-depth Anatomy Presentation
2. Understanding the How's and Why's of trimming
3. Recognizing the clues of wear and imbalance to the capsule, sole, frog and pastern
4. Learning to "See what you are looking at"
5. How to use the ABC HoofPrint Method
6. How using the gauges will "Hone the Eye" and "Verify the Clues" in the hoof
7. Learn how to apply hoof mapping prior to trimming "Coming up with a plan"
8. Learn what sabotages the hoof from thriving
a. Recognizing Laminitis and Founder
b. Recognizing Bar
c. Recognizing Disease
d. Recognizing Imbalance
9. Tool Handling
10. Case Studies
Optional: Hosting clinics: if available but not necessary, is to have some horses for people to practice getting the concept.
Optional: There isn't enough time in the two and half-day clinic to have people trimming live feet at the end of the 2nd full day. A 3rd full day clinic (for those that attended the previous days), you will be supervised to trim your horse. The cost for this additional day is $100.
Evaluations with your horse would be done on Sunday or the last day of the clinic.